.stignore blues

Hi

I am trying to ignore some large files and trying to get only one particular directory from a shared repo.

This is my .stfiles (which is included in .stignore)

!.stfiles
!@EMU
*.hdf

Emu folder is synced nicely but I still get those .hdf files inside that folder. Basically I do not want the .hdf files

thanks

It stops processing ignores after hitting the first match, which I suspect is the @EMU inclusion, as its still part of the path of the file you are trying to ignore.

You need to put the ‘*.hdf’ in .stignore in the Emu folder

It does not work.

I got the blues.

I do not care how I have to layout this .stignore stuff but I just want the @EMU folder from the sync and ignore all the .hdf files from @EMU otherwise I run out of space on my device.

thanks

Cam you actually provide the paths of the files (both you are trying to sync and ignore) and actual content of .stignore.

(SYNCROOT)/@EMU (I just want this folder from the whole SYNCROOT) (SYNCROOT)/@EMU/@AMI/Amik.hdf (I do not want this file and other *.hdf)

(SYNCROOT)/.stignore (SYNCROOT)/.stfiles

.stignore #include .stfiles

.stfiles !.stfiles !@EMU *.hdf *

If I understand it correctly, your .stfiles should have this:

!.stfiles
*.hdf
!@EMU

In your current .stfile the *.hdf is unnecessary because the * in the next line already ignores all files.

This could also work:

!.stfiles
!@EMU
@EMU/**.hdf

I already said, move *.hdf above @EMU

Sorry if I missed that part but I did not see your reply as a solution. It sounded like a comment before.

I tested @Chris_Greens solution which did not work.

Thanks I will try it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.