.stfolder object type ?

Hi all

Recently I had to change the target for a folder in Advanced options because I created it wrongly. Once fixed the folder was still KO because I forgot the .stfolder … thing

I did it, it worked, but IIRC I created as an empty file instead of a folder. Later I changed it to a folder.

Any comment please ?

Can you bit a little more specific about the exact steps you did? I think I’ve encountered a similar problem a long time ago, but I can’t remember any details now.

Hi Tomasz

It is not an issue. When this happened some weeks ago I thought I should ask lights here in the forum… then I forgot.

IIRC it was on a Windows machine. I just tried in a linux and the folder works even when the marker is a file (named .stfolder) instead of a directory like stated everywhere in the doc.

Yeah, but I remember that I also had a situation where Syncthing recreated the marker as a file instead of a directory, even though .stfolder was already a directory at that time (as it did use to be a file in the past before the switch).

In linux I can’t create a folder with the name of an existing file

mkdir .stfolder
mkdir: unable to create the «.stfolder» directory: The file exists

ST won’t even try, at least there is no error in basic log

Whatever the folder sync works OK.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.