Hello, I am encountering a problem, after upgrading all my machines to v0.11.0 I have 4 machines: 2 Raspberry Pi’s (running Raspbian), one laptop (running Linux Mint) and one desktop (running Win7 64bit). After upgrading all the machines to v0.11.0, everything works EXCEPT the Windows machine. Other nodes seem to be able to “see” the Win7 computer as running (it will show up on the webgui’s of the other 3 computers as “Syncing 0%”). The Win7 computer webgui show all the other 3 nodes as disconnected, though. Even by the RasPi that resides on the same LAN. It worked perfectly before upgrading, and I have not changed anything in the configuration. Any help?
Refresh the page, it might just show outdated information. Also, suggest you check the console log, just to be sure that it’s not connected.
Windows firewall unhappy since the file changed?
Windows Firewall is disabled. I have already refreshed, restarted ST, restarted Windows… Same results. Other nodes try to sync (but it stays put at 0%), and the Windows node says other nodes are disconnected. How do I check logs on the Windows version? Thanks.
There should be a file called
syncthing.log in the configuration directory.
I double checked to be sure, and Windows Firewall is disabled.
The log says this (the only lines that seem to be indicating that something is wrong):
[W35ZT] 15:34:37 INFO: Established secure connection to [IDMACHINE] at 192.168.1.70:22200-151.XX.YY.148:45745 [W35ZT] 15:34:37 INFO: Device [IDMACHINE] client is "syncthing v0.11.0" [W35ZT] 15:34:37 INFO: Device [IDMACHINE] name is "RasPi Studio" [W35ZT] 15:34:37 INFO: Unexpected folder ID "DocStudio" sent from device " [IDMACHINE]"; ensure that the folder exists and that this device is selected under "Share With" in the folder configuration. [W35ZT] 15:34:52 INFO: TLS handshake: WSARecv tcp 192.168.1.70:49378: Connessione in corso interrotta forzatamente dall'host remoto. [W35ZT] 15:35:14 INFO: TLS handshake: WSARecv tcp 192.168.1.70:49387: Connessione in corso interrotta forzatamente dall'host remoto. [W35ZT] 15:35:47 INFO: TLS handshake: WSARecv tcp 192.168.1.70:49410: Connessione in corso interrotta forzatamente dall'host remoto. [W35ZT] 15:36:49 INFO: TLS handshake: WSARecv tcp 192.168.1.70:49425: Connessione in corso interrotta forzatamente dall'host remoto. [W35ZT] 15:37:50 INFO: TLS handshake: WSARecv tcp 192.168.1.70:49434: Connessione in corso interrotta forzatamente dall'host remoto.
The local RasPi (the other one is at my office) seems to be able to see the Win7 machine, but it does not recognize what syncthing version is installed:
LUCA-PC Syncing (0%) Download Rate 0 B/s (241 B) Upload Rate 0 B/s (0 B) Address 192.168.1.70:22200 Version Folders STCloud
but the Windows PC doesn’t seem to be able to see the RasPi:
RasPi Home Disconnected Address ? Last seen Never Folders STCloud
Any suggestions appreciated.
Can you make sure that both machines are running v0.11? On the other machine (192.168.1.70) should have something in the logs saying why it has disconnected though.
192.168.1.70 is the Windows machine, the one I took the logs from. All the machines are running v0.11.0, and all the respective web GUIs confirm this. This is the webgui for the Windows machine:
Luca-PC Download Rate 2 B/s (389 KiB) Upload Rate 2 B/s (337 KiB) RAM Utilization 21.3 MiB CPU Utilization 0% Global Discovery 1/2 Uptime 2h 47m Version v0.11.0, Windows (64 bit)
And this is the “local” Raspberry Pi:
RasPi Home Download Rate 0 B/s (225 KiB) Upload Rate 0 B/s (301 KiB) RAM Utilization 22.0 MiB CPU Utilization 9.4% Global Discovery 1/2 Uptime 2h 21m Version v0.11.0, Linux (ARM)
Well when one device disconnects, the other one one should explain why, so we need to get the logs from both sides.
I have no idea why but… I just came back to the computer (the Windows one) and now all the nodes seem to see each other. Funny thing is that I did absolutely nothing. I’d like to see the logs from the RasPi, but… where can I find it? I looked in the .config/syncthing directory, but I couldn’t find any logs there.
Glad to hear it’s solved… Although mysteriously. We create the log file on Windows; on Unix we leave it up to the start script or service manager to redirect the output (where logs are printed) to the appropriate place, or syslog.
I have no idea how to read those logs I start syncthing using the script found here:
It seems just to throw logging away. Try replacing:
start-stop-daemon -b -o -c $stuser -S -u $stuser -x $DAEMON
start-stop-daemon -b -o -c $stuser -S -u $stuser -x $DAEMON &>/tmp/syncthing.log
I’ll try, and will report back if I find anything interesting Thanks!!
EDIT: added the line as requested, but it does not seem to work, since the log file is empty.
Right, then use a different script, or start syncthing by hand to debug the issue. I am not familiar how start-stop-daemon works, and where it places stdout logs.
No problem, thanks for your help anyway. In any case, since everything is now working fine, logging wouldn’t reveal much anyway. Should I have any more problems, I’ll start syncthing by hand and check the logs.