ST asks for login credentials for 127.0.0.1 on Android

Hello folks,

ST is running well on my Android 9.0 smartphone. I can open the web interface within the Synthing app without any problem.

If I try to open 127.0.0.1:8384 locally via the Chrome browser, a login dialog appears, that asks for credentials to access the page. I have not set up any username / password. I even can´t find any settings for that in the Android client.

Why is ST asking for login credentials?

I believe this is a security measure, to prevent other apps on the phone from interacting with syncthing without authorization. The inbuild webview in the app is configured to authenticate automatically.

The username/password used is fixed (username is syncthing, password is the API key).

3 Likes

If you open the web UI from the app, you can go to the settings and see the API key there. Note it , so you can login via Chrome/Firefox/ … browser using “syncthing” as username and the api key as the password.

(the fork has a settings label “tap to copy api key” under Settings > Syncthing options on the Android UI)

3 Likes

Thank you, @Nummer378 and @Catfriend1. Login with the API-Key and “syncthing” works. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.