Some files "out of sync" on one machine, although the files are missing on both machines

(Jakob Borg) #21

You should hover over the “Discovery: 1/8” because that looks quite unhealthy.

(local) #22

I have rebooted the server instance of syncthing and it is now connected to 4/8 discovery.

The log has multiple connected to itself messages and is now connected to 2 other devices that it was connected to earlier today.

They have not moved from those percentages due to their file exclusion lists.

(Jakob Borg) #23

Unless something else has changed that you’re not showing, I think the answer is the same - the files it need to sync are unavailable. Hence it remains out of sync.

(local) #24

Sure, I am not showing something to waste my own time. “sigh” " The files are sitting happily on the device showing 90%, U99 Old Desktop.

Changed to send only and overrode out of sync items…clear as mud.

(yaomtc) #25

The file it’s trying to sync doesn’t exist on any computer anymore. It’s just some useless dotfile. How can I fix this?

(yaomtc) #26

(yaomtc) #27

(Jakob Borg) #28

It was most likely advertised by one of the now disconnected machines. I’d recommend adding something like

.~lock*
*.ods#

to your ignore patterns (everywhere) and this won’t be an issue. (It’ll also stop trying to sync the file that is now ignored.)

(Jakob Borg) #29

(system) #30

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.