SOCKS5 proxy setup

In this thread we have the announcement that Syncthing v0.12.0 “Beryllium Bedbug” has proxy support. How would we make those proxy settings on a Windows machine?

You’d set an environment variable on Windows. Consult the OS manual on how to do that.

I know where to set Environment Variables. Do I create a new Syncthing variable? I’m not clear what variable would be required to get Syncthing to use my proxy.

Exactly as it says in the thread, ALL_PROXY=socks5://address.com:1234

1 Like

Oops. Missed that. Thank you very much.

I made a Variable name of ALL_PROXY with a Variable value of socks5://address.com:1234 Syncthing seems to recognize that.

(If you’re using SyncTrayzor, there’s a section in the settings where you can specify environmental variables)

Be wary of ALL CAPS. That didn’t work properly. I needed to use all_proxy as the variable name to get it to work.

I am using SyncTrayzor 1.0.29 but didn’t see the Environment Variables in any of the Settings.

1 Like

File → Settings → Syncthing → Advanced → Syncthing Environmental Variables.

Thanks. I didn’t see that option. It works just as well as setting the Environment Variables directly in Windows (except easier :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).

Yep, except that it only applies to the Syncthing process, not everything.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.