Smartphone protocol version perceived from laptop as 0.13 on latest apk

This is the issue, from my laptop with windows 10 32bit, after adding correctly the device(smartphone), this advice pop-up, which is wrong because on smartphone I have installed the latest apk with the protocol version 0.13.7. Does you have mis-implemented the check-in versioning? How can I make syncing work?

The error says exactly what is wrong, the latest android version has syncthing v0.13.7 which is incompatible with v0.14. You either wait until there is a android version with v0.14 or downgrade your laptop to v0.13.10.

1 Like

See Nutomic’s answer in

1 Like

mine automatically upgraded to the 14 so now nothing gets sync… now i don’t know how to downgrade the desktop

How did you install Syncthing?

If you are running a debian based system:

apt-cache showpkg <package-name> lists all available versions

Then pick the second last one…

I will check the version number when I get home.

1 Like

So for me on Ubuntu I ran apt-cache showpkg syncthing

Then picked the last 0.13 version available, 0.13.10, and ran sudo apt-get install syncthing=0.13.10

Now to prevent it from updating next time you do a system update run sudo apt-mark hold syncthing

To release the hold once android catches up run sudo apt-mark unhold syncthing

1 Like

Let us hope that the Android version is updated promptly.

1 Like

I installed via synctrayzor and I have no idea how to downgrade it.

Delete C:\Users\<You>\AppData\Roaming\SyncTrayzor\syncthing.exe and restart. It will restore the version that it shipped with.

It’s explained in the README, although in the context of upgrading, rather than downgrading.

3 Likes

The downgrade is not required anymore.