Should I Be concern about INFO: Puller: final? and How to stop it?

Ola!

I encounter this every night, this is from syncing the Synology NAS (0.14.24) to a Windows computer (0.14.23). After some time, the sync will be “Up to Date”.

Is this a cause for a concern?

and I like to know if this can be prevented? I’m not using the application in Synology NAS because its a Windows app, but its telling me its being used?

I also make sure I get the Windows Pc “Up to Date” before running the applications.

[DCPXG] 20:23:15 INFO: Puller: final: rename \\?\D:\apps\Vivaldi\User Data\Default\Storage\ext\mpognobbkildjkofajifpdfhcoklimli\def\GPUCache\~syncthing~data_1.tmp \\?\D:\apps\Vivaldi\User Data\Default\Storage\ext\mpognobbkildjkofajifpdfhcoklimli\def\GPUCache\data_1: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
    [DCPXG] 20:23:15 INFO: Puller: final: rename \\?\D:\apps\Vivaldi\User Data\Default\Application Cache\Cache\~syncthing~data_1.tmp \\?\D:\apps\Vivaldi\User Data\Default\Application Cache\Cache\data_1: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
    [DCPXG] 20:23:15 INFO: Puller: final: rename \\?\D:\apps\ThunderbirdPortable\Data\profile\Cache\~syncthing~_CACHE_003_.tmp \\?\D:\apps\ThunderbirdPortable\Data\profile\Cache\_CACHE_003_: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
    [DCPXG] 20:23:15 INFO: Puller: final: rename \\?\D:\apps\Vivaldi\User Data\Default\GPUCache\~syncthing~data_1.tmp \\?\D:\apps\Vivaldi\User Data\Default\GPUCache\data_1: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
    [DCPXG] 20:23:15 INFO: Puller: final: rename \\?\D:\apps\Vivaldi\User Data\Default\Cache\~syncthing~data_2.tmp \\?\D:\apps\Vivaldi\User Data\Default\Cache\data_2: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
    [DCPXG] 20:23:15 INFO: Puller: final: rename \\?\D:\apps\Vivaldi\User Data\Default\Storage\ext\mpognobbkildjkofajifpdfhcoklimli\def\Cache\~syncthing~data_3.tmp \\?\D:\apps\Vivaldi\User Data\Default\Storage\ext\mpognobbkildjkofajifpdfhcoklimli\def\Cache\data_3: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
    [DCPXG] 20:23:15 INFO: Puller: final: rename \\?\D:\apps\FirefoxPortable\Data\profile\~syncthing~webappsstore.sqlite.tmp \\?\D:\apps\FirefoxPortable\Data\profile\webappsstore.sqlite: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
    [DCPXG] 20:23:15 INFO: Puller: final: rename \\?\D:\apps\Vivaldi\User Data\Default\GPUCache\~syncthing~data_3.tmp \\?\D:\apps\Vivaldi\User Data\Default\GPUCache\data_3: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

TIA!

Those look like browser cache files and stuff that are in use by the browser. They can’t be synced while they are opened by some other application. So yeah, no, some things are not synced but not really a cause for concern as the data isn’t especially crucial to begin with.

1 Like

Thank you calmh, I’m just wondering why the log says

"The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

I’m sure its not being used because I don’t/can’t run the application on the Synology NAS.

I think it’s being use by syncthing to rename the file? :confused:(example are the ~syncthing~data_3.tmp, ~syncthing~webappsstore.sqlite.tmp)

The logs look like they are from the windows side. Syncthing can’t rename the file because the one it is trying to replace is in use.

Thank you Kluppy for the reply,

I dont think its the Windows side because I don’t use the program until I’m “Up to Date”.

I will try updating the v0.14.23.

The locked files are renamed after sometime, so I hope there won’t be any problem.

Where did you copy the log from?

From the Windows Pc, but I’m not running any applications that is on the log file.

I syncthing the Windows Pc and make sure it “Up to Date” before I run any applications

That fact that you don’t see an application does not mean it’s not running a service in the background.

This is really weird, the apps are mostly portable version of the application, these are mostly used in USB Flash drive, and I closed the applications and wait for it to sync “Up to Date”.

I’m syncing it while running the application, does this have any connections?

I’m running the applications on the Shared Folder, while syncthing is running in the background.

After I’m finished using the application, I close it, wait for syncthing be “Up to Date” and move to another computer .

On the other computer (Windows OS), this is where i’m getting the file is being use error.

Could it be syncthing is syncing the locked/running files?

After sometime, the renaming got sorted out, does it mean everything is okay?

No, syncthing does not lock files, applications on your other computer probably lock then, I suspect Chrome is locking them. Even if you close Chrome, you will still see chrome processes in the task manager, which is probably causing this to happen

1 Like

Thank you Audrius, I will re-check all the processes.

As long as the rename got sorted out, I don’t need to worry about it right?

To be honest, you should not sync those folders and ignore them as they are cache folders that probably change all the time.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice, I will just sync it nevertheless, I sync it because its easier for me to use the application.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.