Setup of web GUI

Hello, I want to use Syncthing to synchronize files across iPhone, iPad and Windows desktop computers.

Do I really need to set up this web GUI? I plan to use SyncThing from SyncTrayzor in the Windows computers and with Mobius in the iOS devices.

I’m a bit confused about this message that if I don’t set up a user and password for the web GUI my files could be accessed by someone else.

I think there must be some confusion here :slight_smile:.

What you see on the screen inside wrappers like SyncTrayzor is the Web GUI. You don’t need to set up anything separately if you use those. I think the same is true about Mobius Sync, however being a commercial product you should use their own support channels for any questions specific to it.

When it comes to setting a password up, you don’t need to do it if your GUI address is set to the default 127.0.0.1:8384 addrss, because this way it’s only accessible on the local device. If you want to access Syncthing remotely though (e.g. from another computer), then yes, setting up a username and password is recommended.

I’d also suggest to check https://docs.syncthing.net/intro/gui.html if you want to learn the basic about the Web GUI itself.

Thank you, I think now I understood.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.