Send-only folder in destination machines

I have Syncthing 0.14.31 running under Windows 10 in both my server (A) and clients (B, C) machines, and I need to share a folder from A to B and C, disregarding the changes made in B or C.

So I set a folder share as send-only mode in A to be shared among B and C, but when the syncthing client (synctrazor) asks me to accept the incoming folder share from A, I do not know if I should check it as send-only or send and receive folder in the client machines B and C.

Common sense says it should be marked as send and receive in the clients, so the changes from A get written in both B and C and when trying to write the changes from B and C to A, they should be denied as in A it is configured as send-only, but I am not pretty sure, as this way I guess the changes from B get written in C (and then overwritten from the changes from A), so it would be a mess.

Summing it up:

A (server) —> Send-Only B (client) —> Send and Receive? C (client) —> Send and Receive?

Thanks in advance.

Everything you said is correct and your sum-up is how you need to configure it. Unfortunately, there is no receive-only yet.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, that receive-only feature would make Syncthing even better than it is already.

Keep up the good work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.