runtime: kevent failed with 78 fatal error: runtime: kevent failed

Hello,

System: FreeBSD freenas.local 11.3-RELEASE-p14 FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE-p14 #0 r325575+c936002dbe2(HEAD): Mon Sep 28 10:46:56 EDT 2020 FreeNAS.amd64 amd64

1.5 terabyte pool, 275GB free space

8 gig memory

Intel(R) Core™ i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz

Syncthing was running for years untill 2023-03-07.

I don’t know what changed now, but when I attempt to start it the usual way it throws this error:

===========================================

runtime: kevent failed with 78

fatal error: runtime: kevent failed

========================================

Then a bunch of github messages and links, which can be see here:

I downloaded the latest syncthing version:

syncthing-freebsd-amd64-v1.23.2.tar.gz

Also updated the nas box with the latest version - no change, same error.

I can’t make any sense of it.

Can someone help out please, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

No idea, other than the obvious (some system call failed that the Go runtime doesn’t expect to fail)…

You might get better help on a support forum for FreeNAS, where there’s likely more expertise on the specifics of that platform.

1 Like

Hello Jakob,

I am running syncthing in two very similar boxes with the same version of freenas - it’s freebsd

One is running fine and the other is not.

I would appreciate any pointers you can give me regarding what I can do about this error?

Thanks,

Yeah, as I said, no idea. I suspect the problem is specific to the machine, not to Syncthing.

The same problem, I revert 1.23.4 to Syncthing-v1.23.1 and it works again on FreeBSD 11.

My guess is that Golang dropped again some compatibility with old operation system :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.