Running synthing in the background

Hi,

I want to run syncthing in the background on a linux VM, but not to display any interruptions, browsers, console output, etc.

So I set a launch command as follows: syncthing >>~/logs/st_log.log 2>&1, that’ll redirect stdout and stderr to a file.

I also set gui enabled="false" in the config. Is adding -no-browser flag will be redundant? Or I should I add it to the launch command to avoid any browse-launching attempts in the background?

Also, do you have any more recommendations/things to pay attention to to achieve the goal?

There are systemd units in the release on github you can use if you run systemd.

-no-browser will open the browser, yet disabling UI will make the UI inaccessible.

1 Like

https://docs.syncthing.net/users/autostart.html#linux

Disabling the GUI means it is not available. Disabling the launching of the browser can be done in settings or with -no-browser, your choice.

1 Like

Disabling the launching of the browser can be done in settings or with -no-browser, your choice.

Is this (in the config): <startBrowser>false</startBrowser> equivalent to -no-browser?

Yes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.