RFI - Support of following features

Hi there,

I’m evaluating your software. And I need to know if you support these features:

• File upload, watching and download (at least 4GB without chunking) • API’s (e.g. REST) • Permanent links to file and folder hierarchy • LDAP integration and right - /user management • Documentation • Self-Hosting • Server stats to performance and user activities • Enterprise Support • It can handle 1.5k users and still growing community

Thanks for your support!

Regards Gino

RFI? :wink: Why don’t you just look around and try it out? I’ll give some brief answers nevertheless.

File upload, watching and download (at least 4GB without chunking)

Don’t know what you mean, sorry. Files are transferred, yes.

API’s (e.g. REST)

Yes.

Permanent links to file and folder hierarchy

They are on your disk. Link to them as you like. :wink:

LDAP integration and right - /user management

No.

Documentation

Maybe?

Self-Hosting

What?

Server stats to performance and user activities

Probably not. Of course, you can gather whatever stats you like of the performance on your servers.

Enterprise Support

Nope.

It can handle 1.5k users and still growing community

In a single cluster? Doubt anyone has tried, but it would be cool to hear how it works out. As a hub-and-spoke layout, I think it’d run fairly fine, but you might need some extra RAM on the central point.

Hey thanks for your response! That’s really bad with – no LDAP Feature – it would be great point for us (especially cuz the among of users ;)) It would be really worth to try if you would have this feature!

The cluster point isn’t a point. :wink: we are a big company.

Thanks for your support.

I’m interested in this: what would the LDAP support be for? Access to the web interface?

Hi jpjp,

if you work in a big company … would you like to re-register a every single user? :smile:
yes it would be for example web interface or right and user management. :wink:

@Gino The new introducer feature might be worth a look for you. But, it doesnt have any right or user management at the moment.

I suspect that the fuller answer to “LDAP support” is more along the lines of “syncthing doesn’t work like that” since there’s no real user authentication involved in a device joining a cluster. I think you (@Gino) are looking for something more centralized than syncthing.

The obvious thing that comes to mind is ownCloud, which does support LDAP and has sync clients for desktop and mobile platforms.

Take a look at https://www.aerofs.com/