Remotely deleted directories not deleted in receive only folder

Hi,

I have a folder pair on my Windows PC and on two Android phones. The PC folder is a normal folder, one phone has a send only folder, the other phone a receive only.

This worked for months. Now in the receive only folder directories that have been deleted on the PC are no more deleted on the phone. They are displayed as failed elements: “directory has been deleted on a remote device but is not empty; the contents are probably ignored on that remote device, but not locally.” There are no ignore rules in this folder pair on any device. I am not sure, but I think this started with Syncthing 1.10. Currently I have 1.11 on all devices (SyncTrayzor and Syncthing-Fork).

Is there any more information needed that someone can answer?

The error message explains the problem, the directories are not empty, you either have new files in them or modified existing files, and syncthing doesn’t want to just delete data in there.

If you are sure you don’t want that content you have override changes in the web ui of the receive only device, or you can manually delete the folders.

Thank you. I understood the docs https://docs.syncthing.net/users/foldertypes.html in that way, that deleted folders on the send-and-receive side are deleted on the receive-only side when pressing the red “Revert Changes” button. That’s what happened in the past months. But now there is no “Revert Changes” button in the web UI, only the error message. Manually deleting the many folders would be a drag. There are no new files created in the receive-only folder. All files and folders in that folder and their changes come from the PC via Syncthing.

You should post screenshots from both sides.

I noticed that recently deleted directories did not show up among the failed elements. The number of elements stayed the same. So I deleted those directories manually on the phone. Then the issue did not occur again. So I hope that this has been a one time issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.