Remote Device - Syncing (100%)

I have 7 devices in a cluster. One is a Synology NAS running v0.14.22 Linux ARM - and another is an Android phone running v0.14.22 (from PlayStore).

On all devices in the cluster, the other connected devices show as “Up to Date” - except for 1. Viewed from the Synology device GUI, the Android phone is stuck at “Syncing (100%)”.

No amount of rescanning or restarts seems to clear this - although files are syncing properly.

Appears to be a cosmetic glitch. I can’t prove cause and effect, but this was introduced after upgrading the cluster to v0.14.22.

Yeah this is fairly known, there are a couple of common causes (mostly ignore patterns) but in the end it’s some kind of bug. There’s a hundred or so topics about it here:

https://forum.syncthing.net/search?q=syncing%20100%

1 Like

I was able to solve this, and restore the “Up to Date” status.

The “100%” issue was on the Android phone as viewed from the Synology NAS. I don’t use ignore patterns, versioning, or Master:Slave with the folders in this cluster … so instead I did a manual search of the files on the phone looking inside the synced folders.

Sure enough, there was a single file in the Denzettel (Android note taker app) data folder with a wonky file name, and no recognizable file extension. Probably created by a Denkzettel bug / hiccup. As soon as I deleted this single item and restarted ST, the folder was “Up to date” on all devices.

Not entirely sure what happened here, but I am guessing that the NAS wouldn’t or couldn’t sync the malformed file from the phone.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.