Remote device being disconnected

Hi there!

Can someone help me please?

I have set up Syncthing on my Windows PC and my Android smartphone.

Everything is working fine, except for the fact that sometimes the remove device (Android phone) is being disconnected. This is something strange, and happens from time to time.

When this happens, I access my smartphone and start turning off and on the Wi-Fi, enter the Android Syncthing app (folder settings) and turn off and on the “Observar alterações” option.

As I said, this does not happens all the time, but is annoying me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Which version of Android is it? Have you by any chance touched any of the default settings?

Specifically, have you disabled any of these?

Hi,

Thank you very much.

So, I’m running Android 11. All the options you mentioned are enabled. :slight_smile:

Yeah, so playing around with those is the usual culprit, especially with newer versions of Android, as there is an unsolved issue right now about Local Discovery not working there.

If that is not the case here, then I think you will need to look into the logs to see what exactly is going on. On Android, the log is by default saved to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.nutomic.syncthingandroid/files/syncthing.log.

Just a side note, but I’d love to have the same log file rotation as in Windows implemented in the Android app too. As is is right now, I’ve personally found no use for the default log when trying to actually troubleshoot issues on Android, as the information that I needed (e.g. after a crash) would normally be in the previous logs, not in the current one.

1 Like

Understood.

Thank you very much for your kindness and informations.

So, I’ll try to follow the progress on the issue you’ve mentioned. Do you know if there’s some kind of “roadmap” about it?

Also, many thanks for the logs information. I was able to open that file, and saw a strange entry, as below:

• “[PUO25] INFO: Listing network interfaces: route ip+net: netlinkrib: permission denied”

Do you think that the above can be related?

And, really, I think that the log file rotation would be very interesting. :slight_smile:

Thanks once again for your help.

P.S.: I noticed that the UPnP in my router is off. Maybe turning it on could help a little?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.