Receive only folder out of sync

(Mygod) #1

I’m seeing frequently “out of sync” for a receive-only folder, asking me to “Revert local changes”, which is unreasonable since receive only folder should always revert local changes IMO. I tried pressing “Revert local changes” but it only does a rescan and returns to “out of sync”.

Also failed items have errors like:

• directory is not empty
  • peers who had this file went away, or the file has changed while syncing. will retry later

What should I do to resolve this?

(Simon) #2

Well, that’s a choice, and according to Syncthing’s first goal (data safety) the choice was made to not automatically destroy data.

That’s bad - you can enable the model debug facility and post logs from that process (actions->logs) and I can have a look.

That shouldn’t happen: Can you check what is in this directory, both on this and connected devices.

Do you have disconnected devices? Then these might be files that only those devices have (and thus can’t be synced until they reconnect).

(Mygod) #3

Here’s the folder and its files that’s prompting directory not empty:

ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Killer Networking/
ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Killer Networking/Killer Diagnostics.lnk
ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Killer Networking/Killer Control Center.lnk

There are only two devices for that folder, one sender and one receiver. I’m guessing it’s a race condition (sender deleted the file before it was able to send it/sync it to the database?).

As for model debug facility, I’ll go reboot syncthing and see how that goes.

(Simon) #4

Is the directory actually deleted on the sender? Any ignore patterns in effect?

Such a race isn’t a possibility, deleted files are registered by them being missing.

Also please specify the Syncthing version you are using.

(Mygod) #5

Is the directory actually deleted on the sender? Any ignore patterns in effect?

Yes and yes. I’ll attach .stignore here:

*.log.*
*.log
*Cache
*.old
/Users/Mygod/AppData/Local/Google
/Users/Mygod/AppData/Local/Syncthing/*.db
/Users/Mygod/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.Windows.Cortana*
!/ProgramData
!/Users/Mygod
/**

Such a race isn’t a possibility, deleted files are registered by them being missing.

Okay. I just checked and those files seem to be present on the sender (send only) side and it’s not ignored by .stignore (I think). Path name is Users/Mygod/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy/Settings/settings.dat.

Also please specify the Syncthing version you are using.

Yes, sorry. It’s v1.0.0. I have auto update on.

Here is log after pressing “Revert local changes”: http://cryptb.in/hVVDV#b95c896ee71ac4353d7f6f98e62e714d (valid for at most 3 days)

(Mygod) #6

Any ideas?

(Simon) #7

The logs aren’t accessible anymore (and I didn’t manage to get them in plain text when I tried some days ago). And I am confused by your paths:

I am interested in the paths related to directory not empty and their actual existence on both systems. Also it seems to be send-only to receive-only, correct?

About the peers who had ... thing: Does it go away when you pause and resume the folder? There is a bug fixed in the next version that might cause this - it’s rather unlikely but possible.