Receive only directory "Locally Change Items" unsure how or why?

I am running a test environment to see if this this tool is suitable for me.

After some initial struggles I’ve got it starting to behave for me, however it keeps telling me I have “Locally Changed Items”

I’m not sure what is changing these items. I used to have a very lazy script, which would change attributes across my entire filesystem however, that’s not running. So I don’t know what the changes are?

Destination is a docker instance, writing to a ZFS filesystem which nothing else is accessing. It’s even set to receive only.

The source is in the same house on 1Gbit, in send only mode. (Windows)

Any tips on what I might be able to do, to identify the cause of this? On 30.8GB of data (1907 files) it’s telling me

Out of Sync Items 1,823 items, ~29.6 GiB Not great :frowning:

You can ask Syncthing for detailed info about a file that supposedly differs, and maybe see what changed.

syncthing cli debug file $folderID $filePath

With Docker this needs to happen in the container, and probably it needs the path to the config, so something like

docker exec $containerID syncthing cli --home /var/syncthing/config debug file ...

I am having some difficulty, I think I’ve figured out the syntax you’d like me to try but it’s spitting back an error at me.

syncthing cli debug file vgpln-5tkvj /data1/NPES/primary/ztw/ZTW.KEY

reading device ID: open /config/.config/syncthing/cert.pem: no such file or directory

ls -lah /config

total 60K
drwx------ 6 root root 4.0K May  2 10:16 .
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4.0K May  2 09:40 ..
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K May  2 09:41 Sync
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  794 May  2 09:40 cert.pem
-rw------- 1 root root 7.9K May  2 10:16 config.xml
-rw------- 1 root root 7.2K May  2 09:40 config.xml.v0
-rw------- 1 root root   66 May  2 09:41 csrftokens.txt
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K May  2 09:40 custom-cont-init.d
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K May  2 09:40 custom-services.d
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  786 May  2 09:40 https-cert.pem
-rw------- 1 root root  288 May  2 09:40 https-key.pem
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K May  2 10:17 index-v0.14.0.db
-rw------- 1 root root  288 May  2 09:40 key.pem

There are multiple issues here:

• You are supplying a rooted path, where Syncthing expects a path relative to the root of the vgpln-5tkvj folder.

• The cli default home doesn’t correspond to the actual home. You need to specify it with syncthing cli --home /config

Given docker is involved, some permission (umask, mappings, …) issue might cause problems. Given you sync to windows, you likely don’t care about those anyway. I’d try enable “Ignore Permissions” in the folder settings, that will get rid of the locally changed items if they were due to permissions.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.