|-- backup
    |   |-- thing1.bkp (2Go)
    |   `-- thing2.bkp (10Go)
    |-- file1.exe (300Mo)
    |-- file2.exe (10Mo)
    |-- file3.exe (16Mo)
    `-- folder1
        `-- thefile2.exe (200 Mo)

The program decide to destroy all and resync all… I think we can improve that, mostly when you have multiple big file

(Audrius Butkevicius) #2

How do you know it did that? It has to sync stuff, but it doesn’t mean it’s transferring stuff.

(borrougagnou) #3

The “out of sync” isn’t intuitive / not complete, He print “sync (what sync?!?) , file, size” but what he’s doing ???

upper there are : “Reused, Copied from original, Copied from elsehere, Downloaded, Downloading”

he’s all time in “Downloading”… what really mean this “bar”…

but now… I don’t know what I did, I tried to create directly into my second computer exactly the same folder (for prevent downloading all file again)… but Idk what’s happen… now I have old->old->[…] folder… what’s the hell?!?

so I tried to remove this folder ‘old’ into ‘old’ folder… but I think I have lost a lot of file now…

(Bob Hope) #4

Syncthing is doing various options to save as much traffic as possible. As a reference:

Source: https://data.syncthing.net/

(Audrius Butkevicius) #5

So in general, there are edge cases where syncthing will have to resync data, which you are likely to have hit, yet I refrained from replying as this seems like a very emotional post.