Question about .stignore

Hi everyone! This is my first post, and this is my first little issue.

I use Syncthing to sync my PC with my Android devices. I have customized my main sync folder on PC with a personal icon. This, as you know, creates a desktop.ini file inside this folder on my PC. I do not wont this file to be synced with my android devices, but I am unable to achieve this result. I created a .stignore file, but desktop.ini keeps to be synced nonetheless. The problem is that, even after reading the documentation, looking the internet and this forum for examples, I am not sure of what the content of .stignore file should be. None of the attempts I’ve tried until now has worked.

Please, could someone post here, from A to Z, what the entire content of .stignore should be, in order to exclude desktop.ini from synchronization? Something that I can simply copy/paste.

Thanks in advance, Alpha.

To ignore desktop.ini anywhere, simply:

desktop.ini

To make sure that it doesn’t prevent deleting a directory, if it’s the only thing left in the directory:

(?d)desktop.ini
1 Like

Thank you!

see also here: Useful .stignore Patterns

Thank you both for your answers. One last little question: as I already said, I want to exclude only desktop.ini from being synchronized with my android devices. Where should I put .stignore?

1 - On the sync folder of my android devices only (tablet and smartphone) 2 - On the sync folder of my PC only 3 - Both on my android devices and my PC.

Only on the device that shares the file you don’t want to be scanned.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.