QSyncThingTray for Windows & OS X

Which exact version are you using? 0.5.5rc2 ?

I am confused by the first issue you’re having. I never had this reported or came across it myself (also failed to reproduce it just now).

Also when you say “browser”, do you mean an actual Browser or the Syncthing UI embedded window in QST? Do you launch Syncthing yourself or through QSyncthingTray?

Can you add some more information? Like macOS version and Syncthing version?

Regarding the energy, try increasing the “polling interval” a little.

There once was a bug with significant energy caused by the dedicated graphics card being used, but this was fixed a few versions ago.

I am using 0.5.5rc2 MacOS Sierra, 10.12.1 Syncthing 0.14.11

It is opening a browser tab, not the embedded window in QST. I have launched through QST, not myself.

For the polling interval, is the number in QST preferences in seconds or minutes? What is the preferred setting for this?

Can you check whether you have “restartOnWakeup” checked in the advanced settings?

This causes Syncthing to restart when resuming from standby (thus opening the browser). Since your mac is properly connected to power and therefore goes in and out of standby several times a day, this might cause the browser windows (QST itself does not open any Browser except its embedded one).

The polling interval is in seconds. Good point, will add that to the UI.

Restart on wakeup was indeed checked. I have unchecked it. Will see if the behavior persists.

How many seconds would be a reasonable polling interval?

I think that might solve it :wink:

5-10 seconds should be sufficient.

Thanks for the help. And thanks once again for your work on QST - it is very much appreciated.

QSyncthingTray 0.5.6 is out!

Improvements:

• Added Polling Intervall Unit to UI

Fixes:

• Restored Icon animation on Windows
  • Improved stability on Windows
  • Icon is now immediately updated when toggled between monochrome/color

QSyncthingTray 0.5.7 is out!

Fixes:

• Fixed a (Qt) bug where QST wouldn’t be able to connect to Syncthing after standby.

The next major version will include a UI overhaul with a more detailed display about devices, downloads, folders.

2 Likes