Problem of intermittment connection behind corporate firewall

Hello, I’m still new to syncthing. At home, I’ve set up my pc, laptop, NAS, which work fine.

However, at work, the pc only very intermittently connects to the NAS. I don’t have any access to the work firewall, settings etc.

In the synctrazyor console, I see the following being repeated (K5EPOXI is the NAS):

[L6GU4] 11:31:46 INFO: Established secure connection to K5EPOXI at 134.xxx:50524-92.xxx:12537 (tcp-client) (TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_CHACHA20_POLY1305)
[L6GU4] 11:31:46 INFO: Device K5EPOXI client is "syncthing v0.14.38" named ""
[L6GU4] 11:31:46 INFO: Connection to K5EPOXI closed: reading length: read tcp 134.xxx:50524->92.xxx:12537: wsarecv: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

I’m using relays and haven’t changed any of the default settings of syncthing either on work pc or NAS. Sorry, I don’t really understand how connection protocols work (even after reading the docs). Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Check the logs from the other side.

Sorry, dumb question, but where do I find the relevant log file? I’m on linux, and have looked into to the main syncthing folder and see the following:

B**/                 strelaysrv*          syncthing-inotify*
R**/                 sync.log             syncthing.386*
Sync/                sync.log.2           syncthing.amd64*
ca-certificates/     sync.log.4           syncthing.amd64.old*
certs/               sync.log.6           syncthing.conf*
config/              sync.log.8           syncthing.sh*
k**/                 sync.log.9           tempbin/
l**/                 syncthing@

There is no log file. It logs to stdout.

Err…how do I log stdout? I’ve looked this up can’t figure it out. (And I’m confused, what are those sync.log files?)

Thanks for your help

You start it, and it prints logs in the terminal that started it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.