precofnig all nodes without interaction ?

I’m planning to deploy one master node which holds all datas for other nodes , and maybe dozens of nodes.

in master nodes , the structure will be something like

node_a
  - data_exchange ( sync between master node and node_a)
  - readme ( only send from master to node_a )

node_b
  - data_exchange ( sync between master node and node_b)
  - readme ( only send from master to node_b ) 

my questins here is that can I preconfig for all nodes and deliver config.xml to each nodes ? so that I can configure syncthing without interaction ( maybe with ansible/chef) , and don’t need user to confirm to create folders/add nodes or any other things that needs users to involve.

Yes, but you also need to generate the certificates so you can populate the device IDs. You can use syncthing generate for this.

Yes, but you also need to generate the certificates so you can populate the device IDs

I have valid wildcard certificate files , is that ok to replace the original certificates ?

and would you please recommend some documents to generate config for nodes ? I braely find any documents about this in https://docs.syncthing.net/

No, wildcards will not work. This is intended to cover it:

https://docs.syncthing.net/users/config.html

Would you please make a example to create a 3 nodes in automation? Maybe it’s worth to add in some documents, I think it’s really useful to deploy configurations from HQ to branch office with full automated. Or I have to talk to someone in branch office and told him how to accept the add node request in browser, with dozens of nodes, its really a lousy job!

I expect that the process differs between automation systems. You’re very welcome to post an update to the docs with an example when you’ve implemented it.

Ok so here is my problem to do the automation, how do I get the remote device if before I really install syncthing on the device?

You use syncthing generate from your automation, like I suggested above.

Probably syncthing generate --home node_x for each node you want to prepare. Then possibly touch up the config.xml file as needed and then pack the whole directory and deliver it to the remote in the right location.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.