Permission problems

Using OpenMediaVault v3.0.88 (Erasmus), openmediavault-syncthing 3.10 plugin, Syncthing v0.14.38, Linux (64 bit).

Added a folder “0_internal” and I see: Error folder path missing

I checked through SSH, that the directory exists, owner is my user, permission is rw for my user.

I also changed GUI username & password in advanced settings through GUI. However entering username & password for GUI pops up the authentication window again & again.

But somehow later I entered into the GUI.

When restarting the Syncthing I get the following error log:

Log: 2017-10-01 14:48:55: Creating directory for “0_internal” (shareid): mkdir /srv/driveid/Backup/MOBILE: permission denied

2017-10-01 14:48:55: Creating folder marker: mkdir /srv/driveid/Backup/MOBILE/2017 - Samsung Galaxy Note3 N9005/0_internal/.stfolder: no such file or directory

2017-10-01 14:48:55: Stopping folder “0_internal” (shareid) - folder path missing

2017-10-01 14:49:00: [Inotify] Failed to install inotify handler for 0_internal: lstat /srv/driveid/Backup/MOBILE/: no such file or directory

Any idea how to fix?

permissions need to be rwx, otherwise syncthing cannot “enter” the directory.

It is rwx.

root@omvnas:/srv/driveid/Backup# ls -la
total 20
drwxrws---+ 5 root users 4096 Oct  1 12:48 .
drwxr-xr-x  9 root root  4096 Oct  1 13:19 ..
drwxrwx---+ 2 root users 4096 May  7 21:22 lost+found
drwx--S---+ 3 klor users 4096 Sep 30 11:10 MOBILE

Any other idea?

My real path contains spaces and accented characters (utf8). Can it cause the problem?

When I look at the permission through SSH I see:

drwxrws---+ 4 myuser users 4096 Oct  1 13:29 MyName

So I think, I should have the necessary permission.

The plus sign after the permissions means there is also a custom ACL applied. Whether that’s a problem or not I can’t say, but it can theoretically override the more common permission bits. Use getfacl or something to take a peek.

I see this:

getfacl /srv/mydrive/Backup/MOBILE/myuser/
getfacl: Removing leading '/' from absolute path names
# file: srv/mydrive/Backup/MOBILE/myuser/
# owner: myuser
# group: users
# flags: -s-
user::rwx
user:root:rwx
user:admin:rwx
user:myuser:rwx
group::rwx
group:root:rwx
group:adm:rwx
group:Users:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:user:root:rwx
default:user:admin:rwx
default:user:myuser:rwx
default:group::rwx
default:group:root:rwx
default:group:adm:rwx
default:group:Users:rwx
default:mask::rwx
default:other::---

So as far as I understand that looks reasonable, but on the other hand your original error is

mkdir /srv/driveid/Backup/MOBILE: permission denied

and we’re now looking at the permissions of /srv/mydrive/Backup/MOBILE/myuser which is deeper into the hierarchy and irrelevant. So I’m guessing something changed in between.

In the end, this is a permissions problem. Try to do what Syncthing is doing, as the same user on the same machine, and see what happens.

For SyncThing I have no resolution until now. Can not have the shared directories synced :frowning:

Usually I use SAMBA to sync my phone to backup server. For SAMBA I had to give rwx to the group, too. RWX was just not enough for the user.

I will likely keep using SyncMe Wireless which syncs using SAMBA.

I gave up trying SyncThing at the moment.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.