Permission denied on a folder, android

Syncthing just got updated I think, which also made it request permission to all files, which I granted. It still (and has for a long time) has this error in one of my folders. How can I fix this?

I think the answer here is that ā€œallā€ files doesnā€™t exactly include everything. I believe the relevant information is under https://developer.android.com/training/data-storage/manage-all-files#operations-allowed-manage-external-storage, and specifically the following.

Write access to all internal storage directoriesā , except for /Android/data/ , /sdcard/Android , and most subdirectories of /sdcard/Android . This write access includes direct file path access.

The only way to be able to access those folders is probably to run Syncthing as root.

Aha, thanks! I guess the most appropriate solution here is to let the recordig app write the recordings to a different folder, which seems possible. But Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m able to move the recordings to the new folder if no app will have permission to those filesā€¦

I actually use the exact same app, and you can indeed copy the existing recordings by ā€œsharingā€ them from within the app using the standard Android share functionality :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.