"Out of Sync" w/ filename is invalid error

Hello, I am trying to sync between my MacOS 10.15.1 with Syncthing v1.3.2 and Windows 10 with Syncthing with v1.3.2

There are no obvious errors on the Mac side. One the Windows side The Default Folder is labeled “Out of Sync” Syncthing on the Windows side is not syncing. Some files were copied, but many are still missing.

When I look at the logs I see many entries like this:

2019-12-05 17:47:35 Puller (folder “Default Folder” (default), item “Work\ARIES\Projects\VMHost upgrade\How to Access USB Storage in ESXi Shell\virtuallyGhetto: How to Access USB Storage in ESXi Shell.resources\a76b4424bdae8863c68418138fb43f67.png”): filename is invalid 2019-12-05 17:47:35 Puller (folder “Default Folder” (default), item “Work\ARIES\Projects\VMHost upgrade\How to Access USB Storage in ESXi Shell\virtuallyGhetto: How to Access USB Storage in ESXi Shell.resources\cdb4fb6fb2f607d687695bc233bc8f39.png”): filename is invalid

What is wrong with these filename? How do I get these files to sync? There seem to be more files that have not synced. How can I get the rest of the files to sync?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

– MattJ

The file name contains a colon. That’s not possible on Windows. Rename it on the Mac side to something that is Windows compatible.

That makes sense. I wonder what Dropbox does about this, I have synced these on Dropbox and never had a problem. At least I was not aware of any problems.

Thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.