Out of Sync on Receiver Side due to outdated DB

Hi Syncthingers,

I run your excellent product for years now successfully, so first of all: Thank You!

However, I am struggling at the moment with some “Out of Sync” folders.

Starting point, root cause: The folders are Receive Only (RO) folders on a Linux machine, taking files from Send Only (SO) folders from a Windows machine. Due to a hardware bug on the receiver side, I had to restore a backup of the Syncthing DB, but the folders (also on RO side due to a different drive) are up-to-date. Syncing is again fine (local and global state are identical, folders are fine), however, the somewhat outdated DB on RO side expects some files/folders (Out of Sync Items: x items, ~ 0B), which were present at DB backup time, but were renamed/deleted since then. Normally, I see a “Revert local changes” or something like that in the GUI, however, not in this case.

I think that the “big solution” pausing the sync, remove the folder on RO side, and set it up again, should remove the “Out of Sync”, however, I wonder whether a proper REST API request would also do the trick at much less effort. Would POST /rest/db/revert do, what I want: Tell the DB on RO side to forget about the Out of Sync items? Are these interpreted in this case as local changes?

Thank you in advance, best regards, RoKoInfo

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.