not syncing only creating tmp files

Also, verify not just the file permissions/ownership, but also the directory in which the file exists.

I also think nowadays, Google drive is actually mounted as a special userland filesystem, so all of the permissions stuff might have no meaning.

using admin/main account only - the system it is creating problem or used as server has only one admin account only

What’s this JAVAD\Guest thing then that’s the owner of the file?

Basically you really need to figure out your own user/permission setup, and only you with access to it and knowledge of how it was set up has reasonable means to find the issue - this is not a Syncthing question.

becuase the file could have been created in many of the systems/log in we use- but file itself is many years old - again not sure why it shows createion date as yesterday (5/1) – but file is more than couple of years old - may have been edited 1000 times- also got synced on multiple system also many times, i am using this syncthing may be for nearly 1 1/2 years!! and i have shared only one file details – there are many files , on google folde rand non google folder - which are essntially creating same issue now – it was not earlier

If it’s been running fine before, and now you suddenly get Syncthing errors and old files showing as changed, it will likely help to figure out what caused these changes.

I am still fairly certain the issue is due to the file being owned by some “Guest” user, and not the account running syncthing.

How? if you can explain, please

now when it got edited - ownership changed creating 2 replied - this one is from system i am facing issue it seems the system can puch changes proeprly - bbut changes at other system are coming back as temp files, few screen shots

1. files with names as self explaiantory like yesterdays file modified today and it shows ownership changed! the files was propogaed to another system proeprly - i modified file in another system as well as stored it in another name- both got protpgated back as temp file only

2nd system - security screen - of modified files on another system aftre it got propogated

Are you sure the files are not open/locked in excel? That could also be the case. Suggest you try restarting the computer.

1 Like

thanks for suggestion. but in last 15 days or so since issue started- i must have restarted system - everyday and also few times in betweeen!! so that is not the cause i presume

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.