Non-existing files stuck on "Out of Sync Items"

Don’t reset anything!
As I wrote above my theory is, that there’s a problem with sequences however:

There’s nothing about sequences there. So please hang tight, I’ll come up with the next thing to test.

@Moisie We know there’s something screwy: Crash or hard shutdown can case database inconsistency, out of sync · Issue #6335 · syncthing/syncthing · GitHub and Syncing issues, database missing sequence entries · Issue #6304 · syncthing/syncthing · GitHub and Jakob recently discovered why, so there’s something fixes in 1.4.0 (maybe there’s still more screwyness, but until proven otherwise I assume not :slight_smile: ).

Regarding permissions: That’s definitely not the issue here. Permission errors would result in out-of-sync/failed items on the folder. This is just about remote devices.

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll have a look what’s going on there.

1 Like

Another thing I noticed: You write about send-/receive-only, but the folder type in the screenshots isn’t actually send-/receive-only, they are both send-receive. Did you change that recently or do you just mean that things don’t change on one side but folders have always been send-receive?

And try running with -reset-deltas command line option on both sides to see if that changes anything (that will retransmit metadata, no actual data).

1 Like

That’s now fixed, the latest build should have the correct binaries (https://build.syncthing.net/buildConfiguration/Syncthing_Tools/55201?buildTab=artifacts).

@calmh The build script for the tools job didn’t actually set GOOS/GOARCH. I excluded a few platforms that didn’t build by trial and error.

They’re still send-/receive-only, I haven’t changed that. It’s actually shown on the first screenshot. Maybe you got confused with the 2nd screenshot - that’s just the sever details, no folder details (to illustrate each machine’s state and how they see each other).

This did the trick! Thanks a lot for the support and patience, it’s working great now.

I wish there’s a way to tag your post as the solution. So that people with similar issues can quickly find it.

1 Like

Right, I did.

That’s nice to hear!
(And a bit weird, as on upgrade the same thing happens as if you run with -reset-deltas.)

In which way I can use such commands, with PuTTY or inside of Syncthing?

You pass it as an argument when you run Syncthing so it’s either you do it on the terminal/shell (if you’re doing it locally) or ssh/putty (if you’re accessing remotely) or via the GUI (if you’re using a wrapper). Make sure to put it on both ends! And you just need to use it once.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.