No Permission

Besides my problem with my ubuntu machine now my Android restarted with the newest Security Patch from google and directly told me, the SD card was damaged…

So, I reformatted the card and now Syncthing says it has no permissions to ‘mkdir /storage/A8C4-13F6/Android/media/com.nutomic.syncthingandroid’ The permission is denied…

But why?

I think you need to change media to data, as they changed where apps have access yet again.

Really?

I was so happy that /media/ worked and my Gallery and VLC found the data I was syncing. If it is in /data/ again, the files won’t be accessible to other apps, right?

Just guessing: Maybe it’s not allowed to create that directory but can write inside it, i.e. you’ll first need to create that directory. Worth a try maybe.

In Adnroid 11, apps can access (and write to) their own dirs both in data and media. But, in some way, no Apps are allowed to list the data directory anymore. My file manager app cannot access /storage/emulated/0/Android/data, but syncthing can write to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.nutomic.syncthingandroid. So to access the synced files from any app, I had to change all the folders to .../media/....

1 Like

I’m using …/media/… on old phones and “all files access” on new phones to put my folder conveniently in /storage/(sdcard)/mysyncfolder

I get “permission denied” for that solution, too.

I wouldn’t like to use /storage/emulated/0/" but specifically the SD card…

Which Android version do you have?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.