New folder notification does not appear (macOS to XigmaNAS)

Hi all, I know this problem has been discussed a couple of times, but I’m not able to solve my issue. I have a syncthing 1.13.1 on macOS El Capitan (I cannot upgrade further) and a 1.16.1 version in a XigmaNAS installation (formerly FreeNAS). I want to share few folders between the macOS to the XigmaNAS machine. I can syncronize all the folders I need except one. With this one, the biggest (140 GB), I do the same procedure as I did for the other folders, but the notification of request to add a new folder never appears in the XigmaNAS webgui. On the macOS machine it says that it is scanning the folder, than it says it is syncronized, then it is scanning again, ando so on. In the other machine I can see the other folders (and syncronization works) but not this one. I rebooted both machines multiple times, I left them running a whole night, but the new folder notification never shows up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I don’t know, but you can always add it manually. Copy the folder ID from the side that has it to the side that doesn’t, when adding the folder.

Thank you calmh, I didn’t know about this folder ID, is it a file? On my macOS I see two files: “.stfolder” and “.stignore” that should be related to syncthing, should I copy them to my XigmaNAS folder?

Thanks.

It’s a short string displayed in the folder details on the Web GUI. Usually of the form abcde-fghij unless you manually changed it.

Thank you acolomb, I see. So I need to copy this string (I haven’t changed it), create a new folder on my XigmaNAS webGUI and past this string in the same field, am I correct?

Thanks.

Yes, exactly.

OK, thank you again, I’ll try as soon as I can. :slight_smile:

OK, I did what you suggested, indeed the folder appears on my XigmaNAS but there is also a new warning: “Error on folder “Documenti” (dzfpk-jrald): folder marker missing (this indicates potential data loss, search docs/forum to get information about how to proceed)”.

I can even delete the whole folder and sync again from scratch, if this can solve the problem. Thanks.

On which side does the error message appear?

It should be safe to just remove the folder from Syncthing (not the actual folder) on the side where it shows “folder marker missing”. Then add it again under the same path.

Please, do make a backup on BOTH SIDES before doing this. It’s very easy to make a mistake here which would lead to permanent deletion of your data, possibly on both sides because the changes get synced over.

Hi acolomb, the message appeared to the XigmaNAS webGUI. I did what you suggested, now the two machines are scanning their folders, let’s see later what will happen. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your suggestion.

Ok, it took me a while, in the end there were over 1.000 files left on my XigmaNAS that should have been deleted (and they were not, I don’t know why) since they were not present anymore on my macOS, so I manually deleted them on XigmaNAS repository.

Apparently the two machines are now synchronized correctly, no other files pending. I hope it’s now done! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.