Need help in syncing Note10 whatsapp files into Pixel

Need help in syncing only images and video files from whatsapp and telegram folder . Trying to copy and backup regularly photos and videos from my main note 10 to my backup Google Pixel XL.

The problem is, on syncthing , the sync is stuck at only ~300 files. Even my file explorer is calculating some time but can see the total images only is already 50k of total files , not including video yet . Below is the screenshot of my phone on Note 10.

The path i want to sync and backup is

/storage/emulated/0/Android/media/com.whatsapp/WhatsApp/Media/WhatsApp Images

What am i doing wrong ? It doesnt sync and stuck there at 0% or sometimes 300 files if i redo the steps

I also ended up pasting this for all of my ignore patterns , as my only concern is to backup only images and videos . Is my fault lies in here? I tried not using ignore pattern same

**.thumbnails

(?d)thumbnail

.trashed

**.tmp

**.opus

**.mp3

**.m4a

document

stickers

*note

database

backup

audio

This should be partly correct right ? Or any other better suggestions. To be clear i am dumb AF and dont know half of what im doing . Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks !

Please post screenshots of the Syncthing Web GUI from both devices, with folder information visible. You can access the Web GUI from the left slide-out menu.

However, if your Note 10 is running Android 11 or newer (which it likely is), then I will say that scanning a folder with almost 60,000 files is likely going to take ages. How long has it been stuck in the “scanning” state?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.