NAS - Synology Box

Thought it was :7070 or am I mistaken? How would I go about finding out which port it is. The config file states 0.0.0.0:7070, but also changing it to 192.168.178.35:7070 does not help. The Synology NAS is on 192.168.178.35 …

By default it’s 8483, check with the package maintainer what he has it set to.

Where would I check this … the config files mention 0.0.0.0:7070. Entering however via web 192.168.178.35:7070 does not bring up the web ui. Any possibility someone could log in via teamviewer and see live what the issue is?

If you are trying to access it from another machine, it’s possible that it’s set up only from the NAS itself.

Yeap, I am trying to access the Web UI from a windows laptop which is in the local network. So how would I go about accessing the Web UI from another laptop?

The package for Synology NAS boxes is (or was, haven’t used it for quiet a while) using port 7070 and configured for external access (listens to 0.0.0.0).

If you did not change the config in any way, or it got corrupted for some reason, your way of accessing it should work.

I did not really use the package, because it had a really old version of Syncthing so I “installed” Syncthing manually. So I cannot really help you debugging the package. I described how I installed it here.

How would I go about installing it manually? The Cytek version does not exist anymore (link goes no where). Found following … DiskStation> /usr/local/syncthing/ /usr/local/syncthing/app/ /usr/local/syncthing/bin/ /usr/local/syncthing/var/ DiskStation> /usr/local/syncthing/bin/syncthing unexpected fault address 0x492cf4 fatal error: fault [signal 0xb code=0x2 addr=0x492cf4 pc=0x492cf4]

goroutine 1 [running, locked to thread]: runtime.gothrow(0x5b4278, 0x5) /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/runtime/panic.go:503 +0x84 fp=0x10c1b61c sp=0x10c1b610 runtime.sigpanic() /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/runtime/sigpanic_unix.go:29 +0x2a4 fp=0x10c1b644 sp=0x10c1b61c github.com/golang/snappy.init() ?:0 fp=0x10c1b648 sp=0x10c1b648 github.com/syndtr/goleveldb/leveldb.init() /spksrc/spk/syncthing/work-alpine-5.2/syncthing/Godeps/_workspace/src/github.com/syndtr/goleveldb/leveldb/version.go:457 +0x70 fp=0x10c1b680 sp=0x10c1b648 github.com/syndtr/goleveldb/leveldb.init() /spksrc/spk/syncthing/work-alpine-5.2/syncthing/Godeps/_workspace/src/github.com/syndtr/goleveldb/leveldb/version.go:457 +0x70 fp=0x10c1b6b8 sp=0x10c1b680 github.com/syncthing/syncthing/lib/db.init() /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/github.com/syncthing/syncthing/lib/db/virtualmtime.go:76 +0x8c fp=0x10c1b6e8 sp=0x10c1b6b8

goroutine 2 [runnable]: runtime.forcegchelper() /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/runtime/proc.go:90 runtime.goexit() /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/runtime/asm_arm.s:1322 +0x4

goroutine 3 [runnable]: runtime.bgsweep() /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/runtime/mgc0.go:82 runtime.goexit() /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/runtime/asm_arm.s:1322 +0x4

goroutine 4 [runnable]: runtime.runfinq() /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/runtime/malloc.go:712 runtime.goexit() /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/runtime/asm_arm.s:1322 +0x4

goroutine 5 [runnable]: github.com/syncthing/syncthing/lib/dialer.func·002() /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/github.com/syncthing/syncthing/lib/dialer/internal.go:46 created by github.com/syncthing/syncthing/lib/dialer.init·1 /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/github.com/syncthing/syncthing/lib/dialer/internal.go:49 +0x260

goroutine 6 [runnable]: os/signal.loop() /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/os/signal/signal_unix.go:19 created by os/signal.init·1 /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/os/signal/signal_unix.go:27 +0x40

Seems like syncthing is not really running. I get 25982 root 4188 S grep syncthing returned, when entering ps -www | grep syncthing no matter if stop or start entered. It looks like syncthing is actually not running. The log see above is shown.

Anybody have an idea what the problem is?

You should probably try installing go and that machine and compiling yourself.

@poescp

SynoCommunity repository hosts a version of Syncthing for the Synology NAS. Add http://packages.synocommunity.com to your “Package Sources” in DSM. This is documented in the St docs under “Community Contributions”.

Synocommunity might be a few versions behind, but you can easily execute version upgrades within Syncthing itself to move up to the latest version.

@NickPyz … that’s the version I am using and giving me the above error message. I have a DS715 Synology.

@AudriusButkevisciu … how would I go about that? “go and that machine and compling” I do not understand what you mean …

install golang on that machine and compile yourself.

I think there is somewhere a building guide in the docs or the repo. It’s essentially just calling build.sh once golang is installed.

Sorry, I should have read thru the entire thread.

For what it’s worth, I installed the Synocommunity version on my DS110J and it works reliably. Here are some of my settings in case this is helpful:

• sync protocol listening address: tcp://0.0.0.0:22000
  • GUI listening address: 0.0.0.0:7070
  • Local Discovery, Global Discovery, Relaying = ENABLED
  • UPNP = Disabled

Since the NAS is inside my home LAN (192.168.x.x) and behind an NAT router … I forward the following ports to the local IP address of the Synology box:

• 7070 TCP
  • 22000 TCP
  • 21027 UDP

Also, there is a SynoCommunity issues thread where you might find some assistance from other users - in case your Synology model DS715 has some unique issues:

Port 7070 should only be forwarded if you want to access the web ui from the internet and ONLY if you enable https and set a password to access the ui.

Forwarding UDP Port 21027 isn’t necessary at all. It is only for local (internal) discovery.

Still no success … It looks like Synology DS715 does not work with Syncthing, even though it is applicable supposedly with Alpine. Not found anyone who has a Synology DS715 …

Anybody have an idea?

goroutine 1 [running, locked to thread]: runtime.gothrow(0x5b4278, 0x5) /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/runtime/panic.go:503 +0x84 fp=0x10c1b61c sp=0x10c1b610 runtime.sigpanic() /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/runtime/sigpanic_unix.go:29 +0x2a4 fp=0x10c1b644 sp=0x10c1b61c github.com/golang/snappy.init() ?:0 fp=0x10c1b648 sp=0x10c1b648 github.com/syndtr/goleveldb/leveldb.init() /spksrc/spk/syncthing/work-alpine-5.2/syncthing/Godeps/_workspace/src/github.com/syndtr/goleveldb/leveldb/version.go:457 +0x70 fp=0x10c1b680 sp=0x10c1b648 github.com/syndtr/goleveldb/leveldb.init() /spksrc/spk/syncthing/work-alpine-5.2/syncthing/Godeps/_workspace/src/github.com/syndtr/goleveldb/leveldb/version.go:457 +0x70 fp=0x10c1b6b8 sp=0x10c1b680 github.com/syncthing/syncthing/lib/db.init() /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/github.com/syncthing/syncthing/lib/db/virtualmtime.go:76 +0x8c fp=0x10c1b6e8 sp=0x10c1b6b8

With that crash at that point in the program (going by your post from a couple of weeks ago, your latest paste lacks the relevant info at the top), it’s probably something odd about your kernel or hardware that Go isn’t compatible with. This requires debugging by someone knowledgeable in low level stuff and with access to that box, or one like it. My guess is that no one on this forum matches that description so odds are that this is not going to work any time soon. Sorry.

Thanks … it rally lookes like the DS715 does not work for Syncthing. Still looking for one that will work with Syncthing and has min. 1 GB RAM and 2 or more bays.

@NickPyz There is no such thing as “the Synology NAS”. Synology NAS spans a broad range of hardware architectures, and Go/SyncThing is only available on some of these architectures.

1 Like