NAS - Synology Box

No its not :(. Maybe it just doesn’t work for Android? i dunno. I have a rooted device but i am not able to select the root option in the settings menu.

Fwiw, /var/services/photo is a symlink to the shared folder photo (usually located on volume1). You can verify that in the shared folders overview.

I just checked, and deleting files on NAS results in the file being removed from Android as expected.

Yes, my photo’s album is on Volume 1. Should i use another path here? I dont get them removed on the phone :frowning: Maybe i can provide some screenshots?

I don’t know if that path could cause issues. I wouldn’t think so, but I’m too lazy to test :wink: You can test it yourself, simply set up another sync with /volume1/photo/subdir, and sync that with other devices to a separate dir, see if it makes a difference.

As for removal on Android, I suppose it could be permissions related, if it’s not the master setting. Maybe the user you’re running Syncthing with on the phone doesn’t have delete permissions. That would be something to bring up to the Syncthing for Android developers, because I don’t see how it’s NAS related.

Hi, just discovered Synching, runs on OS-X without issues… Now trying to install on my DS415+ - added http://packages.synocommunity.com/ as repo and enabled Any Publisher, also checked Beta Versions… But still no package turns up - maybe there’s no syncthing version available for this DS yet? Or do I have to perform any additional steps, like manual install over ssh?

(Edit: found it, apparently everything from the community-tab isn’t displayed if you search…)

I have a NAS Synology DS715 and Syncthing 0.12.8-7 installed. My issue may relate to the above comments.

I start Syncthing (run syncthing via the package center, but it stops straight away. The only logs I have found are following. Any idea?

2016/03/04 06:33:37 start syncthing: begin to start version 0.12.8-7 2016/03/04 06:33:37 start syncthing: start version 0.12.8-7 successfully, result 0

Mar 4 06:33:42 DiskStation php: Failed to delete keys [F3ECC2A519CA01C85D04EDA6D0C2F18694A0B88E]. Mar 4 06:33:42 DiskStation php: DeleteOtherKeyServer failed.

Have been able to get it running by exchanging user from syncthing to root, however cannot access the Web UI … any idea?

Using wrong port perhaps?

Thought it was :7070 or am I mistaken? How would I go about finding out which port it is. The config file states 0.0.0.0:7070, but also changing it to 192.168.178.35:7070 does not help. The Synology NAS is on 192.168.178.35 …

By default it’s 8483, check with the package maintainer what he has it set to.

Where would I check this … the config files mention 0.0.0.0:7070. Entering however via web 192.168.178.35:7070 does not bring up the web ui. Any possibility someone could log in via teamviewer and see live what the issue is?

If you are trying to access it from another machine, it’s possible that it’s set up only from the NAS itself.

Yeap, I am trying to access the Web UI from a windows laptop which is in the local network. So how would I go about accessing the Web UI from another laptop?

The package for Synology NAS boxes is (or was, haven’t used it for quiet a while) using port 7070 and configured for external access (listens to 0.0.0.0).

If you did not change the config in any way, or it got corrupted for some reason, your way of accessing it should work.

I did not really use the package, because it had a really old version of Syncthing so I “installed” Syncthing manually. So I cannot really help you debugging the package. I described how I installed it here.

How would I go about installing it manually? The Cytek version does not exist anymore (link goes no where). Found following … DiskStation> /usr/local/syncthing/ /usr/local/syncthing/app/ /usr/local/syncthing/bin/ /usr/local/syncthing/var/ DiskStation> /usr/local/syncthing/bin/syncthing unexpected fault address 0x492cf4 fatal error: fault [signal 0xb code=0x2 addr=0x492cf4 pc=0x492cf4]

goroutine 1 [running, locked to thread]: runtime.gothrow(0x5b4278, 0x5) /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/runtime/panic.go:503 +0x84 fp=0x10c1b61c sp=0x10c1b610 runtime.sigpanic() /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/runtime/sigpanic_unix.go:29 +0x2a4 fp=0x10c1b644 sp=0x10c1b61c github.com/golang/snappy.init() ?:0 fp=0x10c1b648 sp=0x10c1b648 github.com/syndtr/goleveldb/leveldb.init() /spksrc/spk/syncthing/work-alpine-5.2/syncthing/Godeps/_workspace/src/github.com/syndtr/goleveldb/leveldb/version.go:457 +0x70 fp=0x10c1b680 sp=0x10c1b648 github.com/syndtr/goleveldb/leveldb.init() /spksrc/spk/syncthing/work-alpine-5.2/syncthing/Godeps/_workspace/src/github.com/syndtr/goleveldb/leveldb/version.go:457 +0x70 fp=0x10c1b6b8 sp=0x10c1b680 github.com/syncthing/syncthing/lib/db.init() /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/github.com/syncthing/syncthing/lib/db/virtualmtime.go:76 +0x8c fp=0x10c1b6e8 sp=0x10c1b6b8

goroutine 2 [runnable]: runtime.forcegchelper() /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/runtime/proc.go:90 runtime.goexit() /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/runtime/asm_arm.s:1322 +0x4

goroutine 3 [runnable]: runtime.bgsweep() /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/runtime/mgc0.go:82 runtime.goexit() /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/runtime/asm_arm.s:1322 +0x4

goroutine 4 [runnable]: runtime.runfinq() /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/runtime/malloc.go:712 runtime.goexit() /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/runtime/asm_arm.s:1322 +0x4

goroutine 5 [runnable]: github.com/syncthing/syncthing/lib/dialer.func·002() /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/github.com/syncthing/syncthing/lib/dialer/internal.go:46 created by github.com/syncthing/syncthing/lib/dialer.init·1 /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/github.com/syncthing/syncthing/lib/dialer/internal.go:49 +0x260

goroutine 6 [runnable]: os/signal.loop() /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/os/signal/signal_unix.go:19 created by os/signal.init·1 /spksrc/native/go/work-native/go/src/os/signal/signal_unix.go:27 +0x40

Seems like syncthing is not really running. I get 25982 root 4188 S grep syncthing returned, when entering ps -www | grep syncthing no matter if stop or start entered. It looks like syncthing is actually not running. The log see above is shown.

Anybody have an idea what the problem is?

You should probably try installing go and that machine and compiling yourself.

@poescp

SynoCommunity repository hosts a version of Syncthing for the Synology NAS. Add http://packages.synocommunity.com to your “Package Sources” in DSM. This is documented in the St docs under “Community Contributions”.

Synocommunity might be a few versions behind, but you can easily execute version upgrades within Syncthing itself to move up to the latest version.

@NickPyz … that’s the version I am using and giving me the above error message. I have a DS715 Synology.

@AudriusButkevisciu … how would I go about that? “go and that machine and compling” I do not understand what you mean …