My thoughts for a GUI 1.0 | looking for a frontend developer :)

good idea :slightly_smiling:

what should be the financial goal?

I know that @sgilani has a little development company in spain - maybe he could help out with pricing and developing?

I want to add my voice here. And I’ll be as straightforward as possible.

This whole discussion hasn’t lead to any improvement in my view. The current GUI is very capable as it is already. The way I see it, there are so many issues to be worked on before even considering adjustments/rework on the GUI.

For example, implementing a “real” GUI. Which is to say, a GUI that doesn’t depend on a web browser - of any kind.

1 Like

Given that syncthing is very much still in active development, I think creating native guis at this point would be counterproductive. It would significantly increase the effort associated with adding new features, as some work would have to be duplicated across the different platforms.

When syncthing hits version 1.0, then it might make more sense to consider native guis. Until then, we have things like SyncTrayzor and Syncthing-GTK.

4 Likes

Eddy2909, I like this layout more than what we have currently in Syncthing. So, I have spent the past couple of evenings developing a similar (inspired by) layout based on the dark theme CSS.

I’ll upload the files via a pull request in a week or so when im finished removing the accordions (lower half / devices and folders), replacing them with a data table instead.

4 Likes

if possible I would give hundreds of “thumbs up” :slight_smile: great work!!!