Multiple Users Syncing the Same Folder

I am currently using BTSync and fundamentally it works for what I want but it doesn’t seem to have the speed I am looking for, nor do I care for their new license model.

What I have, is a single folder, synced with 4 different computers and 1 VPS (where the data is sourced from) Anyways, the idea here is they all have to travel over the WAN as no two computers are in the same location. With BT Sync, you add each computer to the folder share and it is supposed to create a Mesh type network and anyone can upload/download from anyone else with the file.

How do I accomplish this same thing with Syncthing?

What I found so far is each connection requires a two way interaction. For example, on the server I share the folder, then on my PC I have to share the directory back to the server.

This is all fine until you start to expand out, ie I don’t want to make a 2 way sync between each of the 4 computers and the server, that would be something like 10 - 2 way connections or 20 total connections!

This is what I came up with for connections; (And each of those has to have a reverse to sync back) 1 2 1 3 1 4 1 5 2 3 2 4 2 5 3 4 3 5 4 5

That is too much work!

Am I over thinking this? Missing something? Help!

I look forward to hearing from people.

Thanks, Eric

Hi, Welcome to the forums.

I think you might be looking for the “introducer” functionality:

1 Like