I’m finally migrating a group of machines from a very old version of BTSync over to SyncThing. It’s about time.
I’m curious about how to do this the easiest way … and if my plans will work?
- Disconnect BTSync from the sync’d folders on both machines.
- Install SyncThing on both machines - exchange Device IDs.
- Add a folder to SyncThing - pointing to the existing folder filled with files - on both machines
- Wait for indexing to complete?
- Edit the devices on both machines and add the folder to be shared?
- SyncThing on both machines should see they are already in sync and be happy?
Is there any problem with doing it this way?