Metrics for block reuse, for similar file transfers?

Does Syncthing have a way to display global and per-file metrics of block reuse, for “similar” file transfers? (IOW, how much data transfer was avoided by reusing blocks?) I’m more familiar with rsync, which states such per-transfer speedups very obviously, but I haven’t been able to find any similar statistics in Syncthing - did I just miss it?

Thanks!

– Jonathan

Nope. It’s tracked, internally, per file while syncing it. It’s visible briefly in the out of sync status dialog thing. Then it’s gone.

Is there any reason why this isn’t made more visible - e.g., at least in the logs when “-verbose” is enabled? It would seem like the sort of thing that would give “warm fuzzies” to at least some users. Or do you think it would be too confusing, somehow?

I suppose I can always grab the source code and add some temporary logging code for testing. If you think this would be a useful addition to the main code base (e.g., for “-verbose”), then let me know.

No, no reason, it’s just never been needed so far.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.