Merry Christmas and a big THANKS to the Syncthing team and contributors

Syncthing v0.1 was released on 22 December 2013, so it’s nearly Syncthing’s first birthday :smile:

It’s truly incredible how far it has come since that first release. Before Syncthing many of us were stuck with either no sync solution, or with a closed solution that we were unhappy and slightly afraid of.

Fast forward to today and we have a fantastic cross-platform client that many people use and rely on constantly every single day.

So a big thanks to all the Syncthing contributors, of course particulary the legendary @calmh and the serial commiter @AudriusButkevicius :clap: :thumbsup: :smile:

14 Likes

I made an account just to express my appreciation. There’s still some rough edges, but overall it works great! In the spirit of the holidays, is there an easy way for someone to donate that doesn’t have bitcoin? I’d love to donate my time helping the project directly, but until then, I’d like to at least do something.

1 Like

Same here, I have no way to get bitcoins but I’d gladly donate via something else.

Same here, great work guys. I successfully replaced a companies Office 365 SharePoint (they used this for their file storage) and OneDrive for Business with Syncthing and all headaches have gone away.

Should you ever need funding I’m sure we can sort something out to keep the project going.

Thanks again and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year @calmh @AudriusButkevicius

2 Likes