Max Speed (intranet)?

Hello, my weakest point of the network (local) is 1200mbps, which at a maximum should translate to 150 MB/s.

Instead I am receiving 3.3MB/s at most.

I have unchecked the enable relaying tick box as was suggested in a 2014 support thread. Searching for “maximum speed” did not provide many useful results.

I have seen users describe speeds in excess of 90MB/s so I know it is possible.

Can someone explain what I am doing wrong? I have set the IP address as tcp://192.xxx.x.xxx:22000 for each of my computers. And disabled relaying. I do not know if there are further settings I should modify. CPU utilization on both these machines stays under 10%. One is a desktop the other a laptop. Any help appreciated. Thank you very much for the program!

I did see someone make note that many super small files would result in roughly 4 MB/s and giant file transfers would be much higher speeds. I am using lots of medium files which I read should be a happy medium. Files between 4MB to 50MB at most. I am assuming by tiny he meant 128kb .txt files. Mostly my powerpoints and audio library. And the powerpoints are 50MB since they have audio embedded.

Again, thanks!

4Mb is still probably on the small side.

Are you sure they are connected directly? Did you check CPU usage on both sides? Did you check disk IO?

Yeah. The cpu was down for both. Did not check disk usage. One is an ssd the other is a hdd. I did see in my router logs that there was a upnp connection attempting to be made that would always be closed from both ip addresses. I will have to see into that further when I get back home tonight.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Daniel,

not a solution, but just to confirm your assumption: it is possible to have high transfer rates with Syncthing. Within my local network I have ~105Mb/s with Gbit-NICs and 25-30Mb/s via Wifi to a Smartphone.

Interestingly big files arw slower than small ones in the smartphone scenario. I don’t know why.

Best regards Robert

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.