Make synching move, not sync

I know, I know, synching is obviously made for syncing data but what I need is basically a automatic data move tool for Android. I need phone A so move the date to phone B resulting in phone A no longer having the item. Is this possible? I can’t seem to figure it out.

This is not possible within Syncthing.

I’d say you could run some kind of an external script that would delete the file on one side and ignore it on the other (to prevent deletion). You could also simply move the file to a different folder on the receiving side after the transfer has finished.

This is a good suggestion – a cron script to move files out of the syncthing receiving directory every few minutes with 2-way sync works nicely to accomplish the desired move.

The script would need to ignore the temp files that syncthing creates while it received files. (Off the top of my head I’m not sure what naming format they follow.)

Either .syncthing.original-filename.ext.tmp or ~syncthing~original-filename.ext.tmp depending on the OS (see https://docs.syncthing.net/users/syncing.html#temporary-files).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.