Mac fresh install asking for u-name and password

I installed Synching today on my mac. When I open localhost:8384 it asks for a user name and password. I have not set any usernames or passwords, I have tried to just hit enter, but then I get a “NOT AUTHORIZED” warning. Not sure where to go from here, any help would be appreciated.

Check ~/.config/syncthing/config.xml, I bet that there will be a username and a password from previous installations, which you can remove.

to the extent of my ability, I can not find ~/.config and the thing is this is the first time I have installed this on my mac. and the mac is about 2 weeks old so it really is a new install.

Does syncthing actually succeed starting? Are you using some OS-X bar or other extension (which is not the syncthing console application), which might be setting the credentials?

Run syncthing -help: it should print the location of your config at some point after the switches

my process was: open term, brew install syncthing, then set the auto start script that was called during brew install, restarted, and then lunched safari and got the password request.

great thank you, I found it. and there was a weird entry in the password section. I deleted it and it works! thanks all!

It will hash the password. This means that someone reading your config file can’t determine what the password is.