Logging sync information in Syncthing-GTK

I apologize in advance; I don’t understand how to do this even after reading prior posts on the topic.

Essentially, I just want to output to a log file the most recent history of syncs on a particular machine running Syncthing GTK on Linux – Fedora in this instance.

I tried to use the UI Settings>Advanced>Daemon arguments and variables interface to set the “example” argument for logging. Other than changing the directory path, it was identical. However, each time I get an error stating Can't Invoke the daemon. See images below.

Can't Inovke Daemon

What am I messing up here? Am I misunderstanding the functionality of this section? Instead, do I need to pass these arguments at startup? And if so, what is the best way to do so?

Please note, all I really want to do is have an use log in /home/user/syncthing.log that is limited to, say, the past 50 entries.

Thanks for any assistance.

I’ll admit I also don’t fully understand this screenshot. What you’ve done looks correct according to the example - but does Syncthing-GTK magically understand that logger should be started after Syncthing and get its output piped to it? Maybe, I guess. Is the Syncthing binary actually in /usr/bin/syncthing?

In 0.14.43 the logs are available in the web GUI, which might or might not be another way to solve your issue.

Thanks. Looks like I need to upgrade to 0.14.43. Right now, my package manager has not updated it. I installed via Fedora’s dnf command (i.e., sudo dnf install syncthing), but I forget if it was in the base repositories or Fusion. Hopefully it will come my way soon.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.