Probably you’ve tickled a bug, but on that note, keep in mind those numbers are a counter updated in a fairly complicated manner and doesn’t reflect a “scan” of the database as such. The counters get dropped and recalculated from the actual database contents every 90 days or so, and there’s an env var you can set to force an earlier recalculation. Maybe set that for one startup and see if the numbers change.
Do you mean STRECHECKDBEVERY? Unfortunately, it doesn’t make any difference . I’ve tried doing --reset-deltas too but also to no effect. That’s why I believe that a database reset is the only way to fix things here.
That was quick! And I was just about to perform a reset…
There’s one issue though. Two folders are affected at the moment. One of them contains a lot of personal information but the other one does not. Would it be a problem if I removed all other folders first, and only shared the DB with the the second folder left in there?
There are two files that the database isn’t consistent about whether they’re deleted or not. Since the mismatch is two files this seems related, but I didn’t dig into it at all. The names of the files made me want to nope out of this completely:
The explanation is rather simple though. These are remnants of https://forum.syncthing.net/t/is-there-any-danger-in-allowing-to-synchronise-the-folder-marker/19067 which I were going to take a step back on but haven’t managed to do yet (as this requires access to all devices at once which I actually have at the very moment so I may just do it right now). The .stversions is just file versioning set on another device using a custom folder path so that it can sync across all devices. No other devices have versioning enabled.
Ideally, the folder structure should look something like
What’s interesting though is that I weren’t suspecting these two files to be the culprit, especially since they do exist in the folder physically. I’ll now try revert the .stfolder sync, reset everything back to normal and see whether the problem comes back.
Thank you for looking into the database anyway .
Just for the record though, having reset the database, Syncthing did manage to properly recognise the two files as local additions.