"Local Additions" of a single directory

I’m running syncthing on my home Synology NAS with some Send Only folders with a Raspberry Pi backup machine that has corresponding Receive Only folders. In the “software” folder the receiver says that there’s a local addition, which is the directory “macOS/OBS”. However this folder is present on the sender so it ought to be there. On the sender it contains 3 files and on the receiver it only contains one file. If I select “Revert Local Changes” on the receiver then it does a rescan and just goes back to the same state as before with that same folder showing up as a local addition.

Can anyone explain what’s going on?

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 19.29.18

Something looks wrong/corrupted, because with no ignore patterns in place, the two folders should have identical global and local states, but they differ. I would try to remove and re-add the folder in Syncthing on the Receive Only side, and let Syncthing rescan it.

Also, with Synology in place, please make sure to enable “Ignore Permissions” in the Advanced tab in the folder settings on both sides.

Might be related to the issues found and trying to get fixed in Fix ReceiveOnly file sync by jul13579 · Pull Request #9323 · syncthing/syncthing · GitHub

Removing and re-adding on the receive side fixed it. It took many hours to do the rescan, but got there in the end. Thanks for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.