LDAP Result Code 201 "Filter Compile Error"

Hello, I am trying to get LDAP working and getting an error in Syncthing.

2022-06-21 14:35:08 LDAP Search: LDAP Result Code 201 "Filter Compile Error": ldap: finished compiling filter with extra at end: %!(EXTRA string=nick_yellow)
2022-06-21 14:35:09 LDAP Search: LDAP Result Code 201 "Filter Compile Error": ldap: finished compiling filter with extra at end: %!(EXTRA string=nick_yellow)
2022-06-21 14:35:09 Wrong credentials supplied during API authorization from 10.0.3.100:50298

I reached out to LDAP support and they said LDAP is responding correctly and to check with Syncthing.

Not sure, sounds like a search filter was entered without %s in it, but looks like no search filter in your screenshot. Maybe check in the config if there is a search filter consisting of just a space or something silly like that.

1 Like

Hi @calmh,

I appreciate your response. I actually found the problem. Syncthing needed to be restarted for changes to take effect. The error must of been like you said and from a previous input.

I wanted to put it out there that anyone who works on LDAP and afraid of being locked out (due to invalid LDAP settings), you can always change the settings from the config.xml, save the file, and force restart the app.

Here are my final settings with a working filter.

I am using LLDAP

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.