Launching Syncthing web GUI Linux

I set up syncthing a few weeks ago to sync files from my Linux desktop with iCloud on my Mac. This works perfectly well in the background. But since setting this up automatically, I can’t seem to launch the GUI any longer, which is hindering me from syncing additional files. I feel like I’m missing something obvious, but I haven’t been able to find an answer. Any help would be appreciated!

You expect help with this poor description of your problem?

That is the entire problem. I set up automatic syncing following the instructions here: Starting Syncthing Automatically — Syncthing documentation. Which advises disabling the GUI launching when launching syncthing automatically, which I have set up, but I now don’t know how to access the web GUI if I need it. How can I force it to launch into the web GUI? I’m looking for a terminal command that would allow me to launch into the web GUI. I’m not sure how else to describe the problem.

Does 127.0.0.1:8384 load in your browser?

Yup, that works! Problem solved. Thanks for your help! Apologies if this was a silly question.

1 Like

Not silly at all. There is even a command line option specifically for this, if you do want to start it from a terminal / script instead of bookmarking the URL:

https://docs.syncthing.net/users/syncthing.html#cmdoption-browser-only

syncthing --browser-only
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.