Large Log File, containing error messages

In my config folder I have a file called syncthing.log. Is it normal for this file to become over a gig in size? is there a way to limit this?

Sorry for the pound signs. Couldn’t think of another way to add characters to reach the limit.

Just restart syncthing.

I’d say that’s unusual. What does it contain that’s so verbose? It’s created by default on Windows, and recreated (emptied) on each startup so it should not usually grow very large.

“Why is the log file so large”? :wink: (The limit is there to encourage descriptive subjects)

I found it when I started getting the following messages in the webui.

2015-06-02 16:59:34: Folder “Dell” isn’t making progress - check logs for possible root cause. Pausing puller for 1m0s.

When I went to open the log, it was too big for Notpad++. I restarted the service and then waited until I got the message again. It looks like it is trying to delete folders that don’t exist. I tried to rescan, but that didn’t help. There are a ton of messages like below.

[SBDCS] 17:05:37 INFO: Puller (folder “Dell”, dir “Service Requests\2806574\KACEKapture-andrewle1-mbp-2015+(2)”): delete:

It looks like when I get this error, it stops trying to sync. Any ideas?

You cut off the error in the middle so it’s hard to say. What’s the full error message?

1 Like

Here is the most recent log entries. It’s actually thousand of lines, like the following.

[3X7TI] 23:15:44 INFO: Puller (folder "Dell", file "Service Requests\\folder\\userfolder\\private\\var\\log\\asl\\_AUX.2015.05.28\\1489398"): dst stat dir: GetFileAttributesEx \\?\C:\Users\username\Sync\Dell\Service Requests\folder\userfolder\private\var\log\asl\_AUX.2015.05.28: The system cannot find the path specified.
[3X7TI] 23:15:44 INFO: Puller: final: GetFileAttributesEx \\?\C:\Users\username\Sync\Dell\Service Requests\folder\userfolder\private\var\log\asl\_AUX.2015.05.28: The system cannot find the path specified.
[3X7TI] 23:15:44 WARNING: Folder "Dell" isn't making progress - check logs for possible root cause. Pausing puller for 1m0s.