issue setting up Syncthing from terminal

Hey everyone,

I have been trying to set up my Syncthing from my terminal and to have it open when my computer starts. I might have made a few mistakes since I do not know how to set this up correctly. First I have a Fedora 44 on an old laptop. I downloaded the Syncthing twice through the website and through the command line

sudo dnf install Syncthing

Syncthing works when I use the http://127.0.0.1:8384/ but I was hoping to be able to set through my terminal. When i run the command Syncthing, I get the following error

2026-09-07 15:12:34 INF syncthing v2.1.3 “Hafnium Hornet” (go1.26.7-X:nodwarf5 linux-amd64) mockbuild@fedora-koji 2026-09-01 00:00:00 UTC (log.pkg=main) 2026-09-07 15:12:34 ERR Failed to acquire lock: is another Syncthing instance already running? (log.pkg=main) 2026-09-07 15:12:34 INF Syncthing exited (error=“exit status 1” log.pkg=main).

I am just starting to use Linux and Syncthing, so I do not know much. Any explanation and breakdown would be great. Thank you all.

Please check Command Line Operation — Syncthing documentation. You need to use specific commands if you want to operate it from the terminal.