Is there an event triggered by syncthing after a folder synchronization for a folder has been completed?

Is there an event triggered by syncthing after folder synchronization has been completed? or is there a callback in syncthing after succesful folder synchronization or file synchornization? I want to use this to perform further actions after synchronization has been completed.

GET /rest/events — Syncthing documentation is probably what you’re after, there’s a sublink to all the types that you can fetch.

f.e. ItemFinished — Syncthing documentation

1 Like

In my Get request rest/events?events=ItemFinished I was not able to find any record related to ItemFinished All the events that I had were StateChanged for the folder. Any reason why I am not able to get ItemFinished event for the given file ?

One common pitfall is that when you specify a specific even type (or types), an event subscription is created for that set of events. You will only get events generated after that initial call. It is not a filter on historical events that may have happened in the past.

I wanted to trigger certain events after a file is created inside the folder : The following query is not returning any results : curl -k -X GET -H “X-API-Key: mykey” http://ip:port/rest/events?events=ItemFinished or ItemStarted

even FolderCompletion is not giving me recent folders

Is there any way I can make this work ?

As noted, you need to make at least one such call before the first ItemChanged event that you’re interested in. The first call sets up the event subscription.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.